Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time to get to work!

I finally got all signed up with Team in Training for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco!

Check out my fundraising page here!

I (and my mom, too) would love it if you could help with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! The LLS funds research and development for new cancer medicines in the hopes of finding a cure. One of the drugs they researched and developed, called Rituxan, is the drug that saved my mom's life! It helped put her lymphoma into remission, and it will extend her remission for up to five years!

My mom is a fighter, and my family has hope that she will live a long and happy life with us. PLEASE HELP US GIVE OTHERS HOPE, TOO.



Meeting my fundraising goal is going to be tricky, but I have faith that I can do it. I have some ideas, but not nearly enough, though! Please let me know if you have any thoughts!

This year I'm going to enlist the help of some law school friends and my little brother's fraternity. Also, last year I organized a pub crawl to raise money for the LLS, so maybe I'll do that again this year. I got this shirt for the occasion:



I'm hoping that I can get some of my artist and jeweler friends to make some pieces that are either lime green (for lymphoma awareness) or purple and green (for Team in Training) to raffle/auction at my Mom's school.

Anyone have some fantastic fundraising ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Great article on fundraising! I found this great resource online as well with some pretty unique fundraising ideas not involving products. It's located on the right hand column in pdf or doc format: fraternity fundraising ideas Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete