Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Protein cookies = win!

So, the darlin' and I had an awesome time at my Barrister's Ball on Saturday! I will admit, sometime it's nice to get dressed up. Half my friends didn't even recognize me! I wore makeup and everything.



My dress was about two sizes too big (so it goes after you lose a lot of weight, eh?), but I think it worked for the occasion.



Sunday I went for a killer 5-mile run! Before I left, my darlin' made me breakfast. So sweet!



The run was awesome! I was worried that it was going to be rough, after having been up late drinking and partying at the ball, but it was surprisingly easy. I used my new NikePlus wristband to record it, and that helped a lot. It's nice to know how far you've gone and how far you have to go! Knowing my pace helps me push harder, too.

Monday went by in a breeze. The only notable things? First, I went on another bike ride--6.5 miles this time--and it rocked. I can't wait to add more distance next time. Second, I wore one of my favorite veggie shirts. My darlin' got this for me at Comic Con in San Diego last year. It says, "Save a Cow. Eat Tofu."



I have a host of cute veggie shirts. I'll have to post pictures of more of them!

This morning, I made my FAVORITE Peanut Butter Oat Protein Cookies. They're soooooo good!



  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 2 scoops (2/3 of a cup) protein powder
  • 1 cup oats
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons PB2 + 1 tablespoon vegan milk product (or just use another 2 tablespoons peanut butter)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Start by mashing your bananas.



Add in the other ingredients.



Mix it good. The batter tastes SO DELICIOUS.



Form the batter into four cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake them for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. YUM!

4 comments:

  1. you and your sweetheart are a gorgeous couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely!

    I look forward to seeing more of your veggie t-shirt collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I really want to make your protein cookies!! I am confused about this part of the recipe

    2 tablespoons PB2 + 1 tablespoon vegan milk product (or just use another 2 tablespoons peanut butter)

    does the recipe use 4 tables spoons of peanut butter in all? 2 of which are mixed with soy milk?

    If you could please clarify with me i'd greatly appreciate it =)

    ReplyDelete