Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big news!

The Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco is 28 weeks away. A modified Galloway marathon training program will take me 27 weeks to complete. Coincidence? I think not! I know that yesterday I was considering just the half, but today I know that I want to try for the whole thing!

Twenty. Six. Point. Two. Miles. Oh my goodness!

I know I just ran my first mile in my life in January, but I know I can do this! It would mean a lot to me, and it would mean a lot to my mom, too.

I'm going to start my modified training program next Monday. I'll post my training schedule soon!

Today, I started out with a big mug of green tea and large dose of entertainment law homework.



I had a nice run on my "low and slow" course. It's a 3-mile loop around my neighborhood that's about 2 miles of slow incline and then 1 mile of steep decline.

Post-run, I had half a cantaloupe, 1/2 a cup of uncooked oats, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and a cup of soymilk. Does anyone else love uncooked oats besides me? I think I like them better than cooked oats!



Awesome refuel. A few hours later I had my usual raw protein smoothie (banana, frozen fruit, raw rice protein powder, chia seeds, soymilk, and spinach).



Yum, yum, yum. After some more entertainment law homework, I packed up and headed to the gym for a quick spin before class. That was a hot 45 minutes! My gym had the AC on, but it's no match for Georgia-summer-in-April! I don't think I've sweat so much in my life!

Before class, I had some coconut water, apple slices, and raw walnuts to get me through. Please excuse my dirty computer! I had no idea it was so dusty!



Now, I'm sitting in class called History of the American Constitution. Please save me! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment