Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting triathalon-readier

I'm getting better at biking, and it makes me so happy! Granted, I still ride slower than molasses, but I'm upping my distance a bit with each ride, which is cool.

Yesterday evening, the darlin' and I set out and rode 15 miles.



That's farther than the distance I'll be riding in my first triathalon in August!

Completing a triathalon was the first fitness goal I set for myself. The triathalon I'm doing is on August 14, about a week before my 27th birthday!



It's a short sprint triathalon, with just a 400m swim, a 13.6-mile bike ride, and a 5K run. I'm nervous about it, even though I know I shouldn't be. I'm going to incorporate an 8-week triathalon training program into my marathon training starting June 28th. Until then, I'm just going to continue building up my strength and speed in the different events.

You can see my triathalon training plan here.

I started with a Hal Higdon triathalon training plan and worked it around my marathon training. It's going to be complicated, but I don't think it's going to be impossible. Actually, I think it's going to be amazing!

There aren't words for how proud of myself I'm am now. I never thought I'd even get this far! I thought it would take me a year to get fit enough just to finish a triathalon, and, here it is, a few months later, and I can already complete all of the events separately!

It's an amazing feeling.

I'm not just going to complete the triathalon; I'm going to DOMINATE.

I'll leave you a picture of another favorite veggie shirt. :-)

2 comments:

  1. love the shirt! a triathalon is on my list of things to do, but i'm aiming for a half marathon first (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--I love shirts that mention tofu!

    I think a half-marathon is an awesome goal! Really, I think any goal is an awesome goal! :-)

    ReplyDelete