Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oh, Saturday...

I love Saturdays! Despite the fact that I have to sit in the library at the reference desk for 8 hours, I still love every minute of the weekend.

This morning, I found some new flowers poking out in my front yard. What could be better?



I showed up at work with my usual bag full of food.



Today's booty features some awesome oatmeal with peanutbutter and raisins for toppers, some quinoa with lentils and mushrooms, baby carrots, orange slices, and the last of Mom's cornbread. YUM!

For lunch, instead of running, I went swimming! Yay! I love swimming. It's my first love when it comes to exercising. I've been a swimmer since I was a baby.

This is like my second skin.



I swam 1200m (~.75 miles) in 25 minutes, which is a good pace for me. It's comfortable. I have a 5-mile run tomorrow that I want to knock out of the park, so I didn't want to push myself too hard today.

My coworkers think it's so funny that I carry my camera with my everywhere now. I think it's funny that they think it's funny!

BACK TO WORK!



Tonight is the Barrister's Ball, also popularly called Law Prom. It's our formal event for the year, hosted by the Student Bar Association. I'm going to wear a dress! Ack! I'm not a girly-girl by any stretch of the imagination. I'm terrified of dresses and even more terrified of heels, but my darlin' somehow talked me into going to the Ball this year. I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

How are you spending this lovely weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment