Sunday, March 28, 2010

New shoes!

When I first decided that I wanted to do a triathalon, I started with practicing my swimming and biking; I was terrified of running! I failed every single presidential fitness test when I was in elementary school through high school because I couldn't run a mile. When I went on my first run this winter, I ran about 1/4 of a mile before the pain in my heart and lungs forced me to stop. It was so hard! I kept going though. When I scheduled myself to run a mile, I always finished the mile, walking when I needed to walk and running when I caught my breath again. When I started being comfortable with a mile, I went ahead and upped my distance to 3 miles, again walking when I needed to walk and running when I caught my breath.

These days, I'm totally addicted to running! Last week, I did 3-mile runs on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! This is my first GOOD 15-mile week, so I celebrated with new running shoes!



My old shoes were purchased when I was an undergraduate... nearly 10 years ago! I still love them, but it was time to retire them and buy new ones. These are Nike LIVESTRONG LunarGlide running shoes, and 100% of the profits go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. My mom is a cancer survivor, so I'm a sucker for products that support cancer research. I purchased the LunarGlides because I supinate when I run (I run on the outsides of my feet), so I need a lightweight neutral shoe with which I can use an insert for supination. These felt fantastic in the store, so hopefully they'll feel fantastic on my run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment