Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trying not to get down

I missed my morning run AND my afternoon swim today because of scheduling snafus that I should have caught yesterday. You can't see me right now, but I'm making a very sad face! I'm a fairly type-A person when it comes to scheduling, but law school always manages to mess things up. [sigh.] I'll do better tomorrow, right? Sometimes it's hard to let these things go, but I know I'll feel better if I just breathe and move on. It's nothing that a night at home with my darlin' can't fix! Well, I might need a bowl of banana ice cream with walnuts and chocolate chips, too...



Tomorrow I have a 5K in the morning, a yoga class in the afternoon, and a 14-mile bike ride in the evening. Here's hoping that all of those things happen when planned!

As busy and off-schedule as I was today, I did manage to bake some sweet potato chips for an afternoon snack.



Yum! These sweet potatoes had been sitting on my counter for ages, and today was the day I had to do something with these powerful, important, healthy veggies. (Check out #5 in this list of best foods for runners.) I just sliced them up, tossed them in a bowl with some olive oil, laid them in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkled them with salt, and baked them at 425 for about 30-40 minutes, flipping them every ten minutes. So easy, and so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment