Saturday, March 27, 2010

My vegan booty greets you!

I guess I'll start with a little about me! My name is Ali, and this is a record of my quest to have a better, healthier vegan booty.



Though I've been a vegetarian for 15 years and a vegan for 3, prior to last winter I was never healthy. I didn't really care about food or exercise, and my health was always on a back burner. Last December, though, I decided to get my vegan booty in gear! I realized that up until then I had done amazing things with my mind and my soul, but I had done nothing amazing with my body. I really wanted to do something amazing! I also realized that I wasn't going to do anything amazing by sitting on my tush. It was time to get to work.

In December I started eating a much healthier, mostly raw vegan diet. I started going to the gym to swim laps at least 4 times a week, and I made a pledge to myself to finish a triathalon before graduating from law school (I had about a year and a half left).

The triathalon was going to be my "amazing" thing, but now that I've been training for about 3 months and am nearing being triathalon ready, I know that it can't stop there. Healthy eating, healthy exercising, and healthy living have to be a way of life. Next goal after the triathalon: Marathon!

So, that's what this blog is about--healthy eating, healthy exercising, and healthy living while working towards my goals. I hope you enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment